2. Information We Collect A. Information You Provide to Us
Registration Information. When you sign up for a Bison Technologies account, you give us your name, email address, and phone number. When you apply to be a driver, you give us your name, email address, phone number, social security number and driver’s license number. When you decide to sign up for Bison Technologies using your Facebook account, we will also get basic information from your Facebook profile like your name, gender, profile photo, and Facebook friends.
User Profile Information.
When you join the Bison Technologies community, you can create a Bison Technologies Profile to share information about your professional background and experiences. Filling out a profile is optional, and you can share as little or as much as you want. Your name (and for Drivers, Profile photos) is always part of your Profile. Read more below about how you can control who sees your Profile.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
Driver Application Information.IfyoudecidetojoinourBisonTechnologiesdrivercommunity, in addition to the basic registration information we ask you for your date of birth, physical address,
Social Security number, driver’s license information, vehicle information (including DOT vehicle number and trailer number), car insurance information, and in some jurisdictions we may collect additional business license or permitting information. We share this information with our partners who help us by running background checks on Drivers to help protect the Bison Technologies community.
To make sure Drivers get paid, we keep information about Drivers’ bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information provided by Drivers.
1. Information We Collect When You Use the Bison Technologies Platform
Location Information. Bison Technologies is all about connecting Drivers and Operators. To do this, we need to know where you are. When you open Bison Technologies on your mobile device, we ask for permission from you to receive your location. If you do not agree to provide your location then we will log you out of the application. Once given permission to receive location information, we collect your precise or approximate location. We collect this data when the application is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of your mobile device. We use this data to enhance your use of our application, including to improve pick-up locations, enable safety features, and route guidance.
In order to provide and improve the features of the Bison Technologies application, your location information is necessary for things like matching Drivers with nearby Operator well sites, determining drop off sites and pick up locations for the materials being transported, and suggesting destinations and efficient routes based on previous trips. In addition to the reasons described above, Drivers’ location information and distance travelled may possibly necessary reviewing charges and insurance for Bison Technologies transportation services. If you give us permission through your device settings or Bison Technologies app, we may collect your location while the app is off to identify service updates in your area.
Bison Technologies receives information from Users’ devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, push notification tokens, and, if you register with your Facebook account, your Facebook identifier. We collect mobile sensor data from Drivers’ devices (such as speed, direction, height, acceleration or deceleration) to improve location accuracy and analyze usage patterns.
To help us understand how you use the Bison Technologies Platform and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the Bison Technologies Platform, like the pages or other content you view, your actions within the Bison Technologies app, and the dates and times of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies.
We collect information through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, and similar technologies to understand how you navigate through the Bison Technologies Platform and interact with Bison Technologies advertisements, to learn what content is popular, and to save your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the Bison Technologies Platform. You should consult your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not
to accept cookies from us, you may be missing out on certain features of the Bison Technologies Platform.
1. Information We Collect from Third Parties
Third Party Services. If you choose to register for Bison Technologies or otherwise link your Bison Technologies account with a third party’s service (such as Facebook), we may receive the same type of information we collect from you (described above) directly from those services.
2. Third Party Partners. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, payment information, or fraud detection information, from third party partners and combine it with other information that we have about you.
Background Information on Drivers.
from them such as publicly available information about a Driver’s driving record or criminal
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from all Users to:
· Create and update users’ accounts
· Connect Operators with Drivers;
· Provide, improve, expand, and promote the Bison Technologies Platform;
· Analyze how the Bison Technologies community uses the Bison Technologies Platform;
· Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for
marketing and promotional purposes;
· Send you text messages and push notifications;
· Facilitate transactions and payments;
· Provide you with customer support;
· Find and prevent fraud; and
· Respond to trust and safety issues that may arise, including auto incidents, disputes between Operators and Drivers, and requests from government authorities.
· Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
Additionally, we use the information we collect from Drivers for the following purposes related to driving on the Bison Technologies Platform:
· Sending emails and text messages to Drivers who have started the driver application process regarding the status of their application;
· Determining a Driver’s eligibility to drive for Bison Technologies;
· Notifying Drivers about transportation service demand, pricing and service updates; and
4. How We Share the Information We Collect
Bison Technologies works with third party partners to
perform driving record and criminal background checks on Drivers, and we receive information
· Calculating and providing Bison Technologies’ auto insurance policy and analyzing
usage patterns for safety and insurance purposes.
1. Sharing Between Users
Sharing between Operators and Drivers. Operators and Drivers that have been matched for transportation services are able to see basic information about each other, such as names, location, and any information they have added to their Profiles.
1. Sharing Between Bison Technologies and Third Parties
API and Integration Partners. If you connect to the Bison Technologies Platform through an integration with a third-party service, we may share information about your use of the Bison Technologies Platform with that third party. We may share your information with our third-party partners in order to receive additional information about you. We may also share your information with third party partners to create offers that may be of interest to you.
Third Party Services. The Bison Technologies Platform may allow you to connect with other websites, products, or services that we don’t have control over. If you use these services, we will provide the third party with information about you to allow them to provide the service to you (for example,wewouldgivetherestaurantyourname,phonenumberandaddresstodropoffthefood). We can’t speak to the privacy practices of these third parties, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies before deciding whether to use their services.
Service Providers. We work with third party service providers to perform services on our behalf, and we may share your information with such service providers to help us provide the Bison Technologies Platform, including all of the things described in Section 3 above.
Enterprise Partners. If you participate in an enterprise program and charge a ride to your organization’s billing method or credits, we will provide your organization’s account holder with informationaboutyouruseoftheBisonTechnologiesPlatform,includingridedetailssuchasdate, time, charge, and pick up and drop off locations. If you create a Business Profile, at the end of each ride you will have the option to designate the ride as a business ride. If you do so, and your organization has a corporate account with Bison Technologies, we may share information about your use of Bison Technologies Platform with your organization including ride details such as date, time, charge, and region of the trip. If you change organizations, it is your responsibility to update your Business Profile with the new information. (Please remember to check and set your designation settings accordingly.) If you integrate your account with an expense platform (like Concur) we will share the ride details to your expense account.
Other Sharing. We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
· While negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets;
· If a government authority requests information and we think disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process;
· With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Bison Technologies community, Bison Technologies, or the public;
· To comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures.
· With our insurance partners to help determine and provide relevant coverage in the event of an incident;
· To provide information about the use of the Bison Technologies Platform to potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you; and
· Whenever you consent to the sharing.
5. Your Choices
Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial emails but we will still send you transactional and relational emails about your account use of the Bison Technologies Platform.
Text Messages. You can opt out of receiving commercial text messages by texting the word
END to 46080 from the mobile device receiving the messages. You may also opt out of
receiving all texts from Bison Technologies (including transactional or relational messages) by
texting the word STOPALL to 46080 from the mobile device receiving the messages, however,
opting out of receiving all texts may impact your use of the Bison Technologies Platform.
Drivers can also opt out of driver-specific messages by texting STOP in response to a driver
SMS. To re-enable texts you can text START in response to an unsubscribe confirmation SMS.
Push Notifications. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Bison Technologies Platform (such as receiving a notification that your ride has arrived).
Location Information. While you can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your Device’s operating system settings, Operator well site and Driver location is core to the Bison Technologies Platform and without it we can’t provide our services to you.
6. Other Data Security. We are committed to protecting the data of the Bison Technologies community. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data.
Children’s Privacy. Bison Technologies is not directed to children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal informatio n, please contact us.
Acceptance of Terms